Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Selectronic ProFet
Selectronic ProFet [message #10450] Mon, 08 October 2007 00:19 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I was listening to Genesis - Trick of the Tail just now through a Selectronic ProFet preamp and a pair of ProFet monoblocks and marveling again at how great this setup sounds. It's truly high-end gear at a price that won't scare even the most budget conscious. They're available complete or as kits, and as a matter of fact, I documented the assembly process when I built mine from a kit. Two versions are available, a two-channel (15 watt per channel) or a 50 watt monoblock. The preamp can be ordered with or without wireless remote. I've tried every version and have been equally impressed with all of them. If you haven't heard these amps yet, do yourself a favor and make a point to audition them.

Re: Selectronic ProFet [message #10452 is a reply to message #10450] Tue, 06 November 2007 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gilipsie is currently offline  Gilipsie
Viscount
Looks neat! How good is product support?

Re: Selectronic ProFet [message #10453 is a reply to message #10452] Tue, 06 November 2007 20:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Product support is excellent. When I had assembled the amps in the write-up, one of them didn't seem to want to dial-in as specified in the instructions. Eric Mainardi talked me through it via E-Mail, and even sent out an extra set of output FETs. Turned out the FETs weren't bad, so I got some extras at no charge. I'd say Selectronic goes above and beyond to support its customers. Couldn't ask for more than that.

Previous Topic: Philips SA255 Solid State Audio player
Next Topic: Realistic receiver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:51:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout