Posted by Wayne Parham [ 188.8.131.52 ] on September 04, 2005 at 00:45:36:
In Reply to: Ground Pounding Action, action, action! posted by Wayne Parham on August 02, 2005 at 04:25:01:
A general test plan is listed below. The specific details of the test plan are specific to the test platform, which is probably going to be Praxis or LMS. David Lee has graciously offered to provide these test platforms and other assistance.
2) Impulse response.
3) Frequency response w/SPL at 1W/1M, 10 Hz to 20 kHz (Measured at distance and corrected to 1M)
4) Frequency response (20 Hz - 200 Hz) w/SPL at 3dB increments to rated power or physical limits. (This will show heat compression and max SPL)
5) Distortion at 110dB (20 Hz - 200 Hz) and then at 3dB increments from there to rated power or physical limits. (This will indicate the practical limits of the system regarding usable maximum clean reproduction.)
6) Run heat soak signal 15 minutes at 80% power, repeat steps 4 and 5.
7) If required, processors can be applied and tests 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 repeated.
8) Single horn tested first, pairs or groups tested next if desired.
9) Subjective listening test using a selection of identical program material played at a referenced sound level.
10) Subjective listening test using a selection of identical program material played at the maximum sound level of the loudspeakers.
[ ProSpeakers Forum ] [ Help ]