Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Tell us about YOUR insecurities
Tell us about YOUR insecurities [message #49327] Sun, 16 April 2006 18:07 Go to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've done this tweaking, experimentation and conditioning. I have the best amplification I may ever have, and all the other components are as good as I can afford. The speaker designer is a genius and the implementation and individual components: driver and crossover are among the best.
So how come every time I think voices are now perfectly natural and the second strings are clearly playing along (or not) with the first's I get a chill and lose faith?
I was down at Speakerman's yesterday with Zincman and we listened to his latest horn combination and crossover: Altec GPL 399 with 800 Hz Edgar Horn. The Edgars always strike me as being pure and clean with aplomb at high volume, but more than a bit "vintage'ish".
This morning I wanted to verify that my own system sounded at least as good albeit with a very different character. The ringing of the water tank was heard in Deems Taylor's commentary on the recording of the cannon shots. The massed trumpets were if anything, brighter and brasher going into the coda of Cappricio Italien

But the damned Oboe sounds like a furshtinkener KAZOO!

SHIT!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wood hf horn.
Next Topic: 10" horn loading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 14:37:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations