Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » ORIS / 10 Pi
Re: ORIS / 10 Pi [message #47817 is a reply to message #47815] Wed, 28 September 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm still running my ten π's too. I have a very nice pair of seven π's, but since my living room doesn't have the right corners, I can't use the seven π's there. The ten π's have been great for me, but they are huge. Not as big as the new 12π basshorn though...

The Altec 421 isn't made for the deepest bass response. It makes a nice midbass/midrange driver though and would probably work reasonably well in a seven π. It just wouldn't generate much bass. That's really due to the driver's specs more than anything else.

Might try putting those BD15's in π cornerhorns instead. The BD15 woofer will work very nicely in the bass bin from a Professional or Audiophile series seven π loudspeaker, so one could stuff the bass cabinet with the BD15 woofer and put Oris horns on top instead of the π midhorn and tweeter.

The JBL 2226 sounds great in the seven π cornerhorn, as does the Eminence Magnum 15HO or Omega 15. I'm sure that the BD15 would sound excellent in that system too, response looks good and distortion must be low because of its neodymium magnet structure.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Plans request
Next Topic: 4 pi plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 13:35:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects