Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » best for SET's
best for SET's [message #47688] Wed, 07 September 2005 05:47 Go to previous message
sailor is currently offline  sailor
Esquire
Hi Wayne, I have heard a horn system using an Edgarhorn for mids and knew immediately I wanted that sound. I have e-mailed Bruce Edgar a number of times but have never received a reply, then I recently discovered your site and forum but am unfamiliar with your products and need some help and advice please. Size of enclosure is not a problem but I am looking for the best possible sound from low powered SET's. Bi-amping is a possibility. I live in South Africa and JBL is unavailable but Eminence drivers are imported, though not the entire range. I can also buy a pair of Altec 421-8LF if you think they would be usefull in one of your or any other designs. It has been suggested that I consider a karlson enclosure for the Altecs. In my case I do not have corners to use but a friend who has asked me to help him with speaers has two corners to use on the short wall of a 17ft X 28ft well carpeted and damped living room. He is also in a financial position to import any drivers you might suggest. I have heard some single-driver systems and although impressive I miss the weight and slam necessary for greater involvment in the music but without losing midrange quality. Your ideas and recommendations would be greatly apprevciated.
Regards

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Donate to the Red Cross. get Speaker Cables
Next Topic: Eminence Beta12LTa -- best cabinet?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 00:07:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio