Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speaker Voice Coil Cooling System Valve
Re: Thermal limits vs Excursion Limits [message #47372 is a reply to message #47362] Sat, 23 July 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
I am excited as well. Many times I have simulated with various long excursion drivers, only to find that some don't do xmax in band until 2x thermal power in the desirable boxes. I was beginning to wonder about the designers intensions. Now you're talking about getting all the travel these drivers promise, and not replacing them all the time. I know all too well about frozen, open and detached VC's. The shop I used to work at sold competition car audio as well as hi-fi. I have seen VC's deform into the gap, but I never saw a "backplated" coil or ripped suspension in a good box.

I really want to build a pair of these horns your working on. I have done enough simulation and real world stuff in the last few years to already see the potential. I want subs that can modulate my voice.(so please test that capacity while you are torturing the prototype)

Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message