Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi -> 7Pi Plan, making the 7Pi's shorter
4Pi -> 7Pi Plan, making the 7Pi's shorter [message #47142] Thu, 16 June 2005 21:23 Go to previous message
swett is currently offline  swett
Baron
I have the drivers for 4Pi pro's and I want to make it easy to upgrade to 7Pi's in the future, by just changing the crossover, turning the woofer cabinet around, and adding a midhorn. But I have a 44.5" total height restriction, so I'd need to make the bass cabinets with that in mind.

My tweeter horn will be 5" tall, and the midhorn is 14" tall, leaving me with 25.5" for the bass cabinet. The plans specify a taller cabinet, so is that enough? Obviously I can make the cabinet deeper to make the cabinet volume work out, but will the horn chamber work correctly? Also, would the woofer height remain the same distance from the floor?

The other option is to just buy the Delta 10's and build the midrange horns into the cornerhorn cabinet. I'm not sure what I'd do about the extra width at the front, but I'm sure I could figure something out. Maybe I could flare the whole cabinet slightly so it was 26" wide at the front?

What do you think?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Box and port size for eminence magnum 12ho
Next Topic: Peizo tweeter use help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:19:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects