Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 pi/7 pi Hybrid
2 pi/7 pi Hybrid [message #46853] Mon, 09 May 2005 14:37 Go to previous message
Spinjack is currently offline  Spinjack
Viscount
Ok, so now I'm thinking that I might want to do some sort of hybrid setup using a 2 pi that sits on top of the base horn of the 7 pi. I saw the photos from the Tulsa show and the mid-horn is a bit too imposing. I seriously doubt I can slide it past the wife. Also, I wanted to incorporate adjustable directivity of the mid-range and high freq portions of the spectrum.

So, my question: Can the 2 pi and 7 pi bass unit be seemlessly combined? If not, what modifications (other than crossover, thats the obvious change) need to be done to make for a good transition through the overlapping regions of the audible spectrum.

Since the setup will be located directly in the corner, I was thinking that I'd want the 2 pi to roll off the bass a bit sooner than normal. Also, is there a different driver for the 2 pi that may be a better match to the Stage cornerhorn. Would the Delta 10 work in place of the Alpha 10? If not, what would be the best match for the Omega 15 and DX25 (assuming the Alpha isn't the best match)?

I was going to build the 2 pi portion first and then build the bass units later, too spread out the cost. But, I'd like to build the crossover once, maybe with some build in configurability for pre and post 7 pi.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Horn Damping Resistor
Next Topic: JADF'ngQ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 04:47:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations