Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » The audio component I long for the most.
The audio component I long for the most. [message #46305] Sun, 13 February 2005 11:53 Go to previous message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
I finally came to the conclusion that my Stage 4 Pis dont lack anything but they are severely handicapped in my small room. Hopefully some day I can make more money and afford to rent/buy a larger house. Id love a room about 30 long x 20 wide and 15 high....I want a new room more than Ive ever wanted any other component. I guess since I have filtered thru so many components over the years I have finally come to the conclusion that hardware only goes so far. Middle range components in a good room sound a million times better than high end stuff in a crappy room. Ive heard this before , many , many times before but I did not truely believe it until now. I would go into denial and buy the gear anyways just because I could.

The good news is I can now stop spending money on components. In the last 10 years ive spent and lost a good 6-10K buying and selling stuff for a loss as well as lots of money in DIY supplies , drivers etc.

I guess though I had to go thru what I have gone thru to really appreciate where I stand in this audio hobby of mine. Its been fun but I believe this next 'phase' will be more fun.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message