Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » one π bass reflex questions
one π bass reflex questions [message #46097] Thu, 30 December 2004 19:50 Go to previous message
RMW is currently offline  RMW
Baron
Hi Wayne and all,

I'm in the final preparation phase of a project, not my first, but my first solo project. I'm sticking as close to the plans as I can. In the onePi_A08_bass_reflex_baffle_cutout.jpg diagram, the port cutout begins 1" from the bottom and right exterior edges of the enclosure. With 5/8" material, this places the bottom and one side of the port tube 3/8" from the inside of the box.

From the page linked below: "It (fiberglass) should not cover the woofer or the port opening. If construction type fiberglass is used, the paper backing should be peeled off."

My plan is to keep the R-13 away from the port tube, by sticking it to the top side of the box (int. D X int. W), then the side opposite the the port (int. D X [int. H - 3.5"]), and last the rear panel ([int. W - 3.5"] X [int. H - 3.5"]). Are there any known side effects to this approach?

Second question: Leach says that the paper backing should be peeled off. Any idea why? I can't see why fiberglass glued to paper, glued to MDF would sound different than fiberglass glued to MDF.

Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: im new to PI speakers. i have some Q's
Next Topic: eight pi loudspeaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 06:25:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio