Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 pi questions:
2 pi questions: [message #45514] Tue, 05 October 2004 01:24 Go to previous message
tube_ee is currently offline  tube_ee
Esquire
How much wood is needed to build the 2 Pi and 2 Pi Tower speakers? What wood is recommended? I have 2 5x5 sheets of 1/2" baltic birch plywood that I bought for another project that could be pressed into service here, if it'll work.

Is there anyone in San Diego running Pi speakers and 2A3 amps that I could hear? 2 Pi's and Paramours would be ideal, but anything that would give me an idea about Wayne's "house sound" and low-power triodes would be welcome.

FWIW, I'm currently using the Paramours with 89-dB sensitive PSB Century 600s. While this combo isn't particularly dynamic (the PSBs aren't, regardless of amp), and it won't play super loud, it does enough right that my 40 watt Jolida integrated has sat unused for almost a year.

If I have to sacrifice what I like about my system, just to get some things that I'm not as concerned about, I'm not as interested. If I can keep the good stuff and help out the weaknesses, that's a good upgrade.

Thanks,
--Shannon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wayne
Next Topic: 'phile 7 plans plz
Goto Forum: