Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 2 Towers: How Careful Do I Have to Be?
Pi 2 Towers: How Careful Do I Have to Be? [message #45037] Wed, 21 July 2004 17:12 Go to previous message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Fresno's question, immediately below (I don't want to hijack his thread), about a blown driver has me wondering. I've been using my Pi 2 Towers this summer as outdoor speakers -- placing them at the sliding doors and blasting them out into the yard, w/ a 100W AKSA amp. Since we abut a state forest here in lovely northwest NJ, I play them pretty d***ed loud -- last Saturday night I was playing the Simon & Garfunkel Central Park Concert for a friend at near concert levels, and one of the nice things about the Pi 2s that they just go up and up with no sign of strain at all.

This coming weekend, I'm hosting my brother-in-law's 50th birthday party (of course, I'm much younger than he is). Things are likely to get seriously out of hand. Although I doubt we'll play Metallica, Jimi, Cream, Janis, Frank Z., the Stones, et al. will probably attend.

The question is: am I tempting fate? Will the drivers show signs of distress before anything untoward happens?

Thanks in advance.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Qustions regarding midrange horn.
Next Topic: Driver Is Blown :(
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:19:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout