Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » are Beyma Pro drivers any good for Hi-Fi? Comparable to JBL's?
Can you check the Beyma 18G40 woofer or 18G400? [message #44044 is a reply to message #44034] Wed, 25 February 2004 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
adkins is currently offline  adkins
Chancellor
I just visited a Beyma dealer here locally and saw the Beyma's, upon comparing the 2206 from JBL and the 12" G320 from Beyma, I found the Beyma's to be more pleasing to my ears, I found the JBL's a little too forward sounding for my taste. So now, I am also consiering the Beyma's at half the price, my only concern is that their 18" woofers might not go low enough just like the JBL's Here are the list of 18" woofers they have and I do not know which ones is the best for hi-fi.
18LX-60
18G400
18G50
18G40 (new)
their website is www.beyma.com for their T/S parameters
I am now really seriously considering Beyma's as I have heard it in a PA set-up and its not bad at all, and am hoping if I run them with the tube amps, that it might also be comparable to JBL's. Any thoughts.

My original plan is to add a dedicated tweeter like the 2404H of JBL or the Beyma CP-25 at less than half the cost. Here are a few of my other questions:
what is the difference between a 100 x 100 dispersion and a 100 x 40 dispersion in a home environment, will the 100 x 40 be enough for hi-fi use in a tweeter?
if i use a tweeter, will it be better for me to use a 2" exit driver to have more freq. range? and can also go down to 1khz?

we also compared 2" exit drivers of BEYMA CP800ti, CP650ti, JBL 2450nd (old) and also an old EV, and I think the Beyma's are not left behind in sound and still found the JBL2450's to be still a little forward sounding for my taste. My other companions during that comparisons all liked the EV better than the JBL's, but the EV's are more than 3x the price of Beyma and a little more expensive than the JBL2450's

thanks for the help!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: crossover
Next Topic: Passive Line Level Compensation Network?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 09:48:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio