Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4PI: 15" vs 18" versions.
4PI: 15" vs 18" versions. [message #43696] Fri, 16 January 2004 14:28 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It's been averaging 0 degrees fahrenheit here in Toronto for the past week, and there's not much to do but plan for my next speaker project for next Spring. It'll probably take me from now to May to make a decision. So between now and then, expect lots of questions. I also know that the answers to most of my questions are in the archives, but quite frankly, the search function here can use some improvement.

Question for now: 4Pi or 4Pi 18"? I think the 4Pi will most likely be my next project, but can't decide to go for the 1"HF-15"LF or 2"HF-18"LF combo. I'm looking for something that will sound great as is, but will also allow me to build from for a full range sound.

What is the top end like of the 4Pi and 4Pi/18? Will I be missing the frequencies in the upper teen? Can (or should) a UFH driver be added to the 4Pi/18, perhaps crossed at 10K?

What about the bottom end? How to these speakers compare to the bass of the 2Pi Towers? Could the 4Pi use a sub?

thanks,
Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fostex Wood Horns