Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Do I "need" a subwoofer?
Do I "need" a subwoofer? [message #43608] Sat, 10 January 2004 08:22 Go to previous message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
1) Recently I modernized my preamplifier to an Outlaw 950, which supports Dolby 5.1 decoding. My current main speakers are kit Speakerlab SK (1980's; Klipsch-style corner horn mated to a 7" midrange and EV tweeter), and the sides are Klipsch Cornwalls. The Speakerlabs "claim" 32Hz to (I forget) +- 3dB.

Would I get much value out of adding a sub to this system?
Can I damage these (stereo) speakers by listening to movies with a lot of low frequency content?

2) I am considering upgrading my system with Seven Pi-18 Premium or Professional, or Seven Pi Professional all JBL, depending on how flush I am at the time. :)

Would I get much value out of adding a sub to this system?

3) Is the Adire Tempest one of the better choices for adding to either of these systems?

I have heard subwoofers as I walked by at places like Best Buy. Mainly, they made me quicken my pace, as their distorted noise hurt my ears. Younger readers: invest in hearing aid stock - your generation is going to be needing them big time long before they get to my age! :)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How much does a Theatre Four Pi weigh? n
Next Topic: 2pi Tower Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:54:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects