Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Journal of a First-time Builder - Pt 4: Functioning Speakers x2!
Re: One of my favorite little two-way speakers [message #43128 is a reply to message #43125] Thu, 20 November 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Wayne, I hope you didn't take my review of the Towers as a knock against your speakers. I made it clear that it does many things very well and is a great value for the money. If I hadn't built it myself, I'd probably leave it alone. But it's so hard to settle when it contains your own sweat and tears.

The 0.33uF cap I put in series with the tweeter last night did help a lot (And I came up with it without even know about the One-Pi Professional!). I will certainly explore other insulation material as well. BTW, going through the archives, you use to recommend the 22ohms across the speaker terminals for tube amps, but have not mentioned it in a couple of years. Is this still valid? When I did it, it did tone down the tweeter.

Thanks for the advice on the 1" compression. But just to play devil's avocate, the 12" and 15" Eminence drivers have pretty good SPL up to 3.5KHz as well. How is using a 1" compression with these guys different from the 10"?

gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message