Home » Audio » General » Big Changes - Forum Software Update
Big Changes - Forum Software Update [message #5082] Tue, 12 May 2009 21:59 Go to previous message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

Pretty soon, we'll be shifting forum software. We'll be gaining a lot of new features as a result of this change, but it does have a new look and feel. Most of you are probably already pretty comfortable with the newer forums, so this should be no big deal.

One thing that will change is your password. We store passwords as a hash that cannot be decrypted so the existing passwords will be lost. In order to make the transition as smooth as possible, everyone that has posted will be given a new login with the same username they've been posting with. The password is initially set to "art". It is suggested that you change your password as soon as possible.

You can get a look at the new forum at AudioRoundTable.com/forum. For right now, it is being used for last minute development work. You'll see our forums installed there sometimes, but other times you'll see nothing there. I'm working on the conversion script, getting it to import all our messages and users. We definitely do not want to lose any data, and we want the conversion to be as painless and seamless as possible.

I do not suggest posting in the new forum while the old forum is still active. Until we go "live", any data placed in the new forum will probably be lost. I am doing a code/break/fix test cycle on the conversion script and each time I run it, I look at the data and then wipe it out. So you'll see various forums come and go.

Once we've moved to the new forum, all the links on the main page will point to the new forum. You won't be able to post in the old forum anymore. That's how you'll know it's time to reset your password and start posting in the new forum. We'll make a post to announce it as well.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: CD Storage
Next Topic: Muse got her new listening chair today
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:29:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects