Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Subwoofer Group Delay and such. Long post, but I hope its interesting, maybe :P
Cool. [message #42457 is a reply to message #42452] Sat, 13 September 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Wayne,

Cool. Its been very interesting to me too this discussion, and I've definitly learnt from it. Hopefully others have too, if they could be bothered to read something this large :P

I have one other quick thing. As an example, the LAB12 woofer, in a Qtc=0.707 sealed box has resonance at 41Hz (thats where impedance peak is too of course). PiAligned LAB12 has Fb at 21Hz. Both have similar -3db points around 35-40Hz. Does this mean, the resonance overring on the sealed box will ring at 41Hz, and on the vented will ring at 21Hz? That would indicate to me that the vented cabinet has another advantage, because resonance is at the -10db point (about), but on the sealed box for this example, the 41Hz resonance is about the -3db point. That would seem to me the PiAligned resonance overring is at a freq greatly attenuated (by ~10db) but on the sealed box, is only attenuated 3db, which is really nothing. That also means for most music with no below 30Hz content it will be harder to make the PiAligned cab ring than the Qtc=0.707 sealed box, simply because resonance on the vented is way lower. Could this be the reason why you said in another post that a PiAligned cabinet still has less overring than sealed cab with same -3db point?

Thanks!
Adrian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PiAlign port
Next Topic: Build or buy....which is cheaper?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 07:31:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio