Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Back from the Vet and de-Wormed
Re: Thanks for nothing, Bill Gates [message #42323 is a reply to message #42322] Mon, 01 September 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I downloaded every XP "Critical Update" whenever they were available. I visited the update site 2 days before the Worm struck to be sure I had the patch. In typical MS fashion, it wasn't possible to determine if you had MS-30#@$%^& or not, only that the scan said you didn't need it!
"An airliner is approaching Seattle in a dense fog, at night, when all it's radar and radios go out".....................stop me if you've heard this one before.................
I put an 8 ohm resistor across the inputs and the sound really smoothed out. For those of you scoring at home, that's a total of 16 ohms on Wayne's modified Eminence 1.8k 4Pi Pro x-over.
I also moved the horns back and forth to see if that made as much difference as with the Altec 806A's. The image is a little more stable and the sound, I dunno, 'better', with the front of the horn back about 2" from the front of the cabinet.
There's no question that these BMS drivers go higher than the JBL and probably the Altec as movie dialogue is more intelligible. Listening for words, and then further for inflection is a really good test of what a driver is doing. Don't believe anyone who tells you your HT speakers don't need to be as good as for music! Just watch a Coen Bros movie to see. They are such Craftsmen. "Miller's Crossing", "Fargo", "Barton Fink", etc; whether you like their "art" or not, the soundtracks, without benefit of explosions or dinosaur footseps, are an audiophile treat.
Hey Bill, don't look for the Brown Truck until I 've had a chance to try the BMS with the 811b horns in the stillunderconstruction cabinets!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: measurement questions
Next Topic: Madisound have a really great service!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 03:14:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio