Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I need some good PA designs that can work for JBL drivers!!!!!!!!
I need some good PA designs that can work for JBL drivers!!!!!!!! [message #41914] Sun, 13 July 2003 17:26 Go to previous message
Don17 is currently offline  Don17
Chancellor

Hello!

I will getting ready to do live sound reinforcement for a church congregation in an auditorium that can hold 800(max) people. The room is 100 feet wide by 150 feet deep. Loud volume levels are expected. My problem is that if I were to use the simple direct-radiating enclosures, I would need about 4 bins per side, each loaded with 2 JBL 15" woofers and a large horn. Buying all those expensive drivers for all those boxes can be quite expensive. Horn-loading would allow me to make the most sound from the least amount of enclosures, but I just dont have the resources to design my own horn for the paticular drivers that I have. But if Horn loaded is the way to go, should I take the risk of designing and building soem type of full range front loaded horn bins like some EAW boxes???
If not, where can i find some plans that are compatible with most drivers out there???

-Thanks in advance
-Don

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi theater 3 or 4 and Adire 12.1
Next Topic: Theater vs Thermionic 3pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 20:42:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects