Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » TAD-JBL-Pi 3-way update
TAD-JBL-Pi 3-way update [message #41764] Tue, 01 July 2003 06:42 Go to previous message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
After chipping back an overfilled solder connection, I've finally heard my TAD/JBL-Pi-whatevers, (Wayne - pls assign this 3 way a model name so I know what the heck to call it!), using just the passive crossover, instead of some funky "cheat/work-around".

They're sounding very, very good indeed. I've pulled the tweeter and JBL mid levels down to blend more naturally with the TAD 1602, and as Garland observed when he swung down this way last Thursday, "they do a nice job of disappearing." It struck me funny at the time since they present a 20wx40h face to the listener, plus Bill M's maple horns above that, and it's hard to imagine something that big disappearing. Kinda like "ignore the polka dotted elephant in the corner".

Speaking of Martinelli's Maple Marvels, an Avant Garde owner was in the other day and was ogling those horns, just based on their appearance. I prefer wood over automotive plastic myself! ;-)
Keep your ears and your mind open.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Audibility of Phase
Next Topic: Help on making driver measurements, please?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 01:18:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio