Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Which PI speakers to build?
Re: Which PI speakers to build? [message #41208 is a reply to message #41189] Fri, 02 May 2003 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi G,

You've come to the right place, esp. if you are a DIYer type. There is " a Pi speaker for anyone"! If you have a small listening room the Studio 2 Pi's are an exciting sounding speaker. Lively full range sound. Also comes in a tower version for slightly more bass responce. The regular 2's sounded great with my 2A3 Paramours. I built a pair of Theater 4's which are very large speakers and they sound great with both the Paramours and my Heathkit EL-84 amp. The Theater 4's cost a good bit more to build but for the comparable quality in a commercially made speaker other than Wayne's "factorybuilt" Pi's, you'd have to spend alot more money. The 4's are a more refined sound though the 2's are just a heck of a good deal and are very fun to listen too. To be honest I didn't have the 2's in house long enough to evaluate the long term satisfaction to be gained with the 2's but I suspect they would hold up in the long term. Wayne's other models probably would perform well with the 10 to 14 watts you probably have on hand. I'll let others comment on those other speakers.

Good luck and be sure to visit Waynes's website at Pispeakers.com

Another G!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is there a good substitute for r13?
Next Topic: Question regarding McBeans' Horn Resp program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 29 05:51:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout