Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » MAF Seminar
MAF Seminar [message #40793] Tue, 01 April 2003 05:13 Go to previous message
Larry Moore is currently offline  Larry Moore
Esquire
Here's the basic run down on my semiar for MAF, entitled "Techniques in Amplifier Design". I will present a complete, start to finish, story and analysis of the 300B mono blocks that I am just finishing. The story will include a complete discussion of the choices and selections made, as well as the why's and where fors. Unlike in the past, the design will be put in the public domain. One may take that to mean that a complete schematic and parts list will be made available to those who attend. Moreover, the monoblocks will be there in the flesh, attendees will be able to see above and below the chassis. The may also take pictures. This will be a complete disclosure.

The amps comprises three stages. The input stage is a 6SN7 to allow one to choose among the many variations thereof, AC heating will include a trick I will show at the seminar. The driver stage is the 10Y/801A, again with a trick filament supply. The output stage is naturally the 300B, with yet another twist on the filament supply. A primary focus of the filament supplies is to provide a very quiet amp, without sonic penalty vs. ac heating. The power supply is all nickel ala Dave Slagle. The output txs are Tamura nickel. And to full surround the 300B with nickel, a Dave Slagle nickel filament choke.

There will be suggestions for an economy versions as well for those not wanting to spend BIG bucks for transformers. Somewhat to this end, those these do not necessarily constitute a reduction in quality, I have a few complements of power supply transformers and chokes that I will make available to those who attend. They are $200 per set. That gets one two miltary spec power transfomers and two miltary spec power supply chokes to build the monoblocks as presented. This is a steal!!! I am only willing to haul these heavy things if someones says so in advance. So, here's your chance. First come first serve: lmoore01@fuse.net Payment arranged in advance. You'll even save shipping.

The amps are constructed on black walnut chassis with all stainless hardware, cardas connections etc. They are shall we say, nice. Hope to see everyone there and have a good time sharing this design.

Larry Moore

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 10Pi Plans?
Next Topic: 2 Pi Tower Review on enjoythemusic.com <nt>
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 17:41:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations