Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Paramours and other goodies for LIMA
Paramours and other goodies for LIMA [message #40724] Tue, 25 March 2003 19:48 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've just opened the box to my Paramour kits. I've had this box here for probably two or three months now and I haven't even opened it. But I just now did, and I'm impressed!

I probably should post on the Bottlehead forum, and I think I will when I'm done. What I'm most impressed with is the documentation that Dan and Eileen put together. I would have been happy with a schematic and the parts and panels. But their documentation is written for laymen, and is quite thorough.

I'd say it is about 15 man-hours work to complete the two mono amps. Maybe 8 man-hours for a race-job, and 30 hours for a novice with an iron.

Anyway, I'll bring my Paramours. I'm assembling them exactly as the plans say, so that mine are a representation of the entry-level product, unmodified.

I'll also be bringing a Crown Microtech 2400, NAD C160 preamp and a Harman Kardon 3475 receiver. These will drive a pair of Studio Series tower two π's and a pair of Stage Series seven π's with Martinelli horns. I'm going to bring a couple of Sony CD players, but that's it for source. Some of you have offered to provide source equipment, fine turntables and high-quality digital players. So I'm very pleased.

On this thread, I'd like to see each of us confirm what we plan to bring and what we hope to see and do. So please reply with your equipment list, room number and your hopes and intentions. There's a little collection of comments, proposed equipment lists and schedules for the upcoming Midwest Audiofest in the post called "Things to do and see at MAF 2003."

I'll be in rooms 503 and 504, and I'll have two systems setup there. On Saturday the 12th at 2:30pm, I'll have the "Crossover Electronics 101" seminar, otherwise known as the "Lima Lab," in the East end of the North exhibit hall. Bill Epstein and Bill Martinelli will be having a woodworking seminar at 9:00am in the West end of the North exhibit hall. I'm not a morning person, but I really want to attend their seminar. There are several other interesting events as well.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Question for Wayne Re: Paramour Parafeed caps with Pi Theater 4's
Next Topic: Alpha 6 and horn loading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:53:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout