Home » Audio » General » Got my Summer amp today
Got my Summer amp today [message #4909] Thu, 05 June 2008 21:03 Go to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It's 8PM and 84 degrees in my non-air-conditioned cottage. They told me there'd be a few weeks like this in August in these mountains, otherwise, seldom above 85 and cooling way down in the evening.

They lied.

With amazing prescience, I bought a Classe Model 70 2 weeks ago and it arrived today. Someone, I won't say who, but his initials are Spkrmn, insinuated that I paid too much but $500 for a 10 year old amp that sold for $1200 in 10 year old dollars isn't too bad, I thought. When I opened the box I could beleive it was really brand new. Not a mark on it. Do some music lovers really place a component on a shelf and never haul it back and forth 'tween shelf and bench?

You should hear the bass from this beauty on both the 2226s and the Altec-Universitys. Cool-running class AB. Cymbals and kick drum that tubes will never do. Vocals not SET but lovely still.

I really wanted to find a Bedini 25/25 but this is awfully close and half the price.

Cool!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FredT - please contact me
Next Topic: Off topic, but good news!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 06:22:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations