Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Questions for Till E
Questions for Till E [message #40518] Tue, 04 March 2003 12:40 Go to previous message
Vandough is currently offline  Vandough
Esquire
I was scaning some archives and came across a post from you about your Foreplay (getting fried).

Bummer (I guess), but it sound like you don't miss it all all, is this the case? I ask because I am contemplating on building a Foreplay. I know that many tube amp listeners use the Foreplay but I have a hunch that the Foreplay is at it's best with a SS amp. Also, since the Ella has it's own volume control this would appear to me to be where the problem came in for your Foreplay and Ella, ya think?

Now, it sounds like your pre-amp is passive, which can mean a simple volume control. I understand that the way you have modified you Ella volume control that it is passive but I am wondering if the design of the volume control in the stock Ella is active or passive...Do you know? I am assuming passive also. Do you recomend the Goldpoint over the DACT attenuator? I see that both are options from Consonance for the Ella as I am also planning to build the Ella. What other upgrades did you put in your Ella?

A lot of questions I know, thanks

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bracing and internal volume question?
Next Topic: Speakers plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 13:36:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout