Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New DIY Pi Speaker owner and have build questions
New DIY Pi Speaker owner and have build questions [message #40200] Fri, 07 February 2003 00:17 Go to previous message
gumby1 is currently offline  gumby1
Viscount
I just received my new DIY Two Pi Tower speaker kit in the mail and have some questions. I am meticulous when I work on my motorcycle and I'll be the same way when assembling these speakers, but have some questions. First, 5/8 inch MDF is recommended, but the plans say that 3/4 inch can be used. Is there any advantage to 3/4 inch? Second, the plans state "Line the top, one side and the front baffle, up to the woofer, with R13 insulation." Why only one side? Does it matter which side I choose to use? I guess I'm just trying to understand the rationale here on why the top, front, back, and sides don't all need insulation. I will follow the instructions exactly as they are written though because I figure the designer knows more about this than I do, but please help me get this right. Third, could you give me some good suggestions on making the cabinet "airtight"? I was just going to use some good quality wood glue and use clamps. Is there a special sealant that I should use for this purpose? Other suggestions on constructing a good cabinet? Is there a sealant that should be used when mounting the woofer and tweeter?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "wire is wire" dept.
Next Topic: interconnect question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 10 00:15:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio