Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Studio Series 2Pi Comparison(long)
Re: it's all about dynamics.................. [message #40150 is a reply to message #40124] Tue, 04 February 2003 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
I have yet to hear ANY speaker that convinced me that I was listening to live music. While we are on that subject... I have heard live music that sounded so bad that I would rather listen to some of my recorded music. So live or recorded is not the ishue.

Yes, of course some speakers are better than others... that is why we are all here sharing ideas and experiences and trying new things. For me, my latest try was the 2Pi Tower and and I am not done(with Pi's nor dynamic speakers) as I will be trying out the Theater 4 in the future. Like I said, I WAS impressed with the 2Pi Tower and as I stated it did best some other speakers very easily, in my opinion it was not better than the MMG, JMHO.

As for as dynamics go, it may be ALL ABOUT DYNAMICS for you and many others here but the Magna-planar speakers have a pretty good following and if you include other planars an even bigger following. So, there must be some people out there(including me) who do appreciate the planar sound even while the speakers may not be as dynamic as box speakers. And there must be somethings good about them as some here at the Pi speaker forum can appreciate some of their qualities.

For me personally(my opinion) the "sound stage" and the "sweet spot"(when properly set up) are two traits which favor the planars heavily and are pros that require other good features from MMG competitors to equal or overcome these benifits of planars. If the Theater 4's are as good as many here testify then I will be a happy camper. I AM HOPING the Theater 4's will best the MMG's (for my taste) as I will have found a better speaker than I already have and I will enjoy the music more than I do with the MMG's.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: π three-way passive crossover 250Hz/1.6kHz
Next Topic: Wayne: Advice for EV LS12A drivers in Pi Alignment?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 20:59:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio