Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Help picking right speaker
Help picking right speaker [message #39951] Sat, 18 January 2003 23:22 Go to previous message
crazy thunder is currently offline  crazy thunder
Esquire
Hi All,

My listening room is 36'x24' rectangle with a barrel arch ceiling that starts at 10' at the walls and peaks at 16'. The walls are lathe and plaster, and the floors are hardwood. I have a HK Citation II I will be using to power my speakers. I have sansui sp-8000's in the room right now, they make plenty of sound but I am dissatisfied with them.

I have been considering a pair of Klipschorns, as I have a pair of heresys that I'm fond of. I have 2 problems:
1. Khorns are expensive, and very difficult to ship. I doubt if I will ever find a pair anywhere close to southeastern Idaho.
2. The corners are mighty far apart, which might make for poor imaging. For this reason I am considering something like the Cornwalls or LaScala's, which don't have to be placed in the corner. Those speakers are also difficult to ship.

I'm intrigued by the offerings in the Pi line. Will a cornerhorn work well in my room? If not, which pi speaker is recommended?

Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Acoustic reflection from the edge of the horn-mouth
Next Topic: Impedance curves for Eminence Woofers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 14:55:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio