Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » sawdust foreplay
sawdust foreplay [message #39841] Fri, 10 January 2003 16:06 Go to previous message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Hi Guys!

After many years in the construction trade I've made a career jump. For the last month or so I've been building handmade (oak,cherry,maple,walnut,hickory, etc.) furniture in the Amish area of east central Illinois. Only miles from my home is a mecca of furniture building among the Amish community. Now that I'm "in" I've found sources for veneered plywood and MDF and locally milled hardwoods I never knew existed. The possibilities look great. I'm getting ready to start on my 2 Pi tower cabinets. I'll be picking up my 3/4 cherry veneered MDF in the morning and will be working on them both in my home shop and shop at work which is much better equipped. My time is quite limited, but I'm really excited to get started! As Wayne can attest I've had the urge for a very long time. I'm really looking forward to joining the ranks of Pi owners. After the 2's I may have to work on my Seven Pro's that have been in progress for 2 1/2 years! Please feel free to pass along building tips. This will be my first speaker building attempt with pre veneered mdf. Can't be any harder that building furniture though, right?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2 Pi Tower Pictures
Next Topic: baffle cutout questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 16:32:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects