Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 Pi Tower Pictures
2 Pi Tower Pictures [message #39809] Thu, 09 January 2003 22:49 Go to previous message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
Well, my son and I finally finished the 2 Pi Towers. I am not cabinent maker but I'm happy with the way they turned out.

The pics were taken with my sons web-cam, not a camera so they are not the best pictures but I think you will get the idea.

I would not have stained them the dark color, that my son wanted them and they are his so it was his choice. The color of the stain is ebony, a simi-transparent stain. He was going for an all black finish (yuck) but I at least convinced him to let a bit of the plywood grain show through and to trim the corners in natural.

These towers are NOT built to the specs that Wayne designed. Hight is the same (46") but they are deeper-16 1/2" and narrower 14 1/2". I did intend to make them this way, but they actually ended up a bit bigger (width and depth) than I intended.

It took me longer than I expected(about 50 hours in all) after a while the boy lost intrest and I was flying solo. That's O.K. they were a birthday gift and I wasn't going to force him to help.

All in all it was fun and rewarding (a few frustrations) and I plan to do it again with another model. These will be mine!

BTW... the towers ROCK!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2 Pi and imaging?
Next Topic: sawdust foreplay
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 01:15:56 CDT 2024