Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Three way I Pi combo
Three way I Pi combo [message #39321] Tue, 03 December 2002 08:19 Go to previous message
D. Kurfman is currently offline  D. Kurfman
Chancellor
General question, inspired in part by the fact that the PSD-3303 is unavailable and still requires a fairly high cross-over.

Why not use the Delta 15, and combine it with a I PI, all in a single box. This could be configured somewhat like the old JBL 4698b Cabaret but with a lower cross-over. I was going to suggest the Omega 18 but the efficiency mismatch is 2db which would mess things up. If the cross-over from the 15 to the 8 was about 300 hz then passive components would not need to be very large or expensive, the sensitivity would match, and yet the midrange would not be compromised. At the same time, I would think midrange power handling would be sufficient for almost any kind of music. The piezo tweeter obviously fills in the top end. Seems like the 115 db you mentioned in a previous thread for the piezo out to the top end would be more than sufficient for this limited frequency range. Wouldn't quite match a Cornwall for efficiency but ought to be flatter, especially on top.

Thoughts?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Eminence PS10 in 2 Pi tower - Wayne?
Next Topic: Edgar Salad Bowl Horns PSD2002 attachment method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 17:16:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout