Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Building 2pi Towers - COMPLETE!
Re: Building 2pi Towers - COMPLETE! [message #38691 is a reply to message #38688] Thu, 17 October 2002 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Glad you finally got your speakers together! Lots of work on those!

Sorry about the wiring - You ordered two π kits rather than tower two π's, and the cable assemblies included in the standard bookshelf version kits are shorter. There is no difference in the components in the two kits, but there is a little difference in the wiring harness and the ports. The bookshelf version has shorter wires so that there isn't a bunch of wire in the cabinet just looped around inside. The towers need 5 foot length, so the cable assembly is longer. I also include a strain relief in the tower kits since longer wires will be supported. But the tower kits do not include port material since none is needed, and the bookshelf version includes a duct.

About the bass, double check everything - The wiring, phasing, connection to the amp, etc. I've never heard anyone comment that the towers lacked bass; The comments are always quite the opposite. So I think there may be something wrong, and more than could be explained by break-in. I suspect phase might be the culprit, so reverse the wires on one speaker and see if the bass is increased. If that's the problem, you'll notice a significant difference after reversing the wires.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Horns Length, Frequency Wave Lengths, And, All That Good Stuff
Next Topic: How long would a 2-3/4" diameter port be for Studio 2pi?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 09:16:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio