Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Mo MonoPi.....
Mo MonoPi..... [message #38582] Tue, 08 October 2002 15:15
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
I kind of lost my train of thought since lunch time so I might have to reiterate a bit....Anyway, after my initial disappoinment It soon became clear what a great design the 4Pi Pro is....I still can't get over the attack on Diana Kralls vocals or the clarity of the percussion as the drummer raps the side of the snare drum with a drum stick or the funny lillting sounds Eric Clapton makes on the end of his notes.
When compared to previous my speakers which used a 10" Peerless woofer
a 4 1/2 Focal mid and a Morel 1" tweeter, the sound is night and day, while the 835717 Peerless is noted for it's value, in that for $60.00US you get a bass driver that pounds hard and low, and both the Focal mid and Morel tweeter are both excellent pieces, the system as a whole can't compare to clean articulate sound of the 4Pi. I would describe the difference as lifting a packing blanket off a speaker. The other thing thing that struck me was how flat the old speakers sounded in comparison to the Pi. The sound came from the speaker. Where the 4Pi put the performers in the room with you....hard to believe, hard to describe.
Considering how much is wrong with my Pi setup, (wrong inductors, wrong position, no twin yet)...it's truly amazing how fantastic it sounds.
I owe Wayne a big thank you for develping his designs as well as sharing them freely.
THX Kell

Read Message
Previous Topic: how do i make lights flash on bass?
Next Topic: MonoPi Experience-The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 18:24:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout