Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » starting on pseudo vots/4 pi's (sorry for the double post)
starting on pseudo vots/4 pi's (sorry for the double post) [message #37737] Fri, 09 August 2002 08:08 Go to previous message
EZ_Angus is currently offline  EZ_Angus
Chancellor
I scored a pair of 416-8a's from EBAY and am starting to plan their boxes out whilst I continue to hunt for 802's and 511b's (jammin jersey is just to expensive for me). Wayne was good enough to run the specs for the 416-8b's and since i can't find specs for the a, I am going to go with them. they were:
"PiAlignments for that motor specify a cabinet of 8.5 cubic feet tuned to 30Hz. It further recommends a rectangular port having inside dimensions of 6" x 10.5" and 14" long. The response is nice and flat, with a -3dB point of 40Hz and -10dB at 23Hz. This is a very nice speaker with very full bass"

So I am thinking of the cabs being 18" wide x 18" deep by 45.5" tall. that makes 8.5 CF right :^). I like the look of the horn being wider than the cab, like those "210 split" cabs in sound practices. I figured with a 15" woofer I shouldn't make it much narrower than 18" though. The port I was going to have 14" wide, 6"tall and 10.5" deep. Is that cool? I love deflex pads so will use them for damping. I don't like to heavily damp cabs. If I use 3/4" plywood, do I need bracing? anybody have any comment/suggestions? I am thinking of making them from cherry and maple veneered plywoods (sides cherry, top and at least part of the front maple for a cool contrast).

by the way Wayne if you see this, I bought a Paramour kit also in the last hour of their sale. I think it will take a couple months to arrive.

EZ, aka Kevin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Phase Delay and Group Delay
Next Topic: anybody own 4 Pi Bass Reflex Professional w/ JBLs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 08:32:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio