Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » adire vs pi
adire vs pi [message #37631] Sun, 04 August 2002 12:47 Go to previous message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
wow, i go on holidays for a week and a war develops. let's start with lima. premium stage 4 pi's were only demonstrated in the theatre. they were never evaluated side by side with the adire product. everyone made positive comments on the sound of these speakers, even tommy brennan. i answered many questions from listeners in the gallery as to what the heck they were listining to. i only heard positive comments. even bruce edgar made a point of giving the pi's a close inspection. i believe till. e brought his theater 4 pi's into the adire room for a side by side comparison. till even told me he was having problems getting the 4 pi's to sound right. i listened to the adire product and believe it when i say there is no comparison. i found the adire speakers hard sounding and very forward. but then again i did not expect much based on the price. kevin from www.diycable.com ( a super nice guy who was demoing the adire's in lima) was so impressed by the premium stage 4 pi's that i shipped him a pair of kilomax 15's so he could build a pair! finally, the guy's from the chicago horn club whom i met, enjoyed the pi's and commented favourably to me as well. from the statement's posted by str8aro i have to believe the compensation network on the premium stage 4 pi's was faulty. with the wrong network they will sound exactly how he describes. i find the previous banter on this discussion a huge waste of time and it contributes zero to the ongoing improvement of product design.

cheers,

george

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message