Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi WIDTH, ROOM BOOST AND PORT PLACEMENT?
4Pi WIDTH, ROOM BOOST AND PORT PLACEMENT? [message #36517] Sat, 18 May 2002 17:34 Go to previous message
mhammill is currently offline  mhammill
Chancellor
Greetings,
As soon as my parts arrive I'll be starting a pair of 4Pi theaters I'm really pumped to get started. I will be using the full 48" of the birch ply for the vertical height and mount the horn at ear level centered at about 38" and the woofer close below while retaining the same internal volume as called for by the plans. I will use 4" port tuned to 26hz. The room is small and WAF must be factors.

QUESTIONS

1. Is 22.75" wide enough for the front baffle for (is it wave launch) or will this and having the woofer mounted higher (further from the floor have any affect on the bass response?

2. Since I have a archway opening into the dining room area behind my speaker placement spot a straight rear port is not an option, but would having the port fire at floor level and to the side or corner give additional room boost by using the side wall and partial rear corner as a reflective surface? Would this have any advantage or disadvantage over a floor level outside corner front port?

3. Has anyone ever tried a karlson slot for the bass in a simular design?
How might this be acomplished?

4. I have seen the Karlson websight but have not fully absorbed the design theory. Could the tapered port create a variable tuning point in a TQWP?

I love the multiple approach attack.

Thanks
Mike H.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What would you build with these JBL drivers and horns?
Next Topic: Horn lens causing 1k bump?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:22:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout