Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Re: pi one/pi two plans
Re: pi one/pi two plans [message #36341] Wed, 08 May 2002 10:41 Go to previous message
fishski13 is currently offline  fishski13
Esquire
wayne,
i am interested in a building a pair of the pi one or two. since this would be my first time building a speaker cabinet, i would like to check out the plans before i decide to buy a kit or completed pair. i also am undecided between the one vs. two. i'm not a "bass freak" but rather more concerned with achieving rhythm, speed, and detail. my current set up is a 50 watt jolida 1701 hybrid ss/tube integrated amp paired with a pair Sound Dynamics RT-3 and a cheap but new Pioneer dvd (sounds better than my 5 year old Denon). the Sound Dynamics have a serious mid-upper bass thump that drives me crazy on certain recordings (mostly acoustic double bass on older jazz recordings); overall tonal character is dark. i also have a SET amp project (Bottlehead Paramour) in my near future and am concerned with the ability of a small amp to move such large drivers found in your designs. should i go with a pi one with an 8 inch driver? how big of a room can either of these speakers fill? i appreciate your time.

corey

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Plans???
Next Topic: L-pad calculator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 16:18:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio