Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Contemplation on combined Sensitivity(long)
Re: Contemplation on combined Sensitivity(long) [message #36025 is a reply to message #36011] Wed, 17 April 2002 19:22 Go to previous message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
I have only glanced through this thread (after my usual 1.5 beers) but if I recall according to JBL, we can (also?) get an increase in SPL when we double the boxes (if they are close coupled), whether driven by the same amp or different amps.......from the link below (because I happened to have a pair of 4662A's and was researching them one time) JBL's info sez.......

"Compact, powerful reinforcement systems, the 4662A and 4663A offer high efficiency, vivid, natural sound (even at very high levels), and a controlled dispersion pattern for indoor or outdoor reinforcement applications. These systems are capable of high acoustic output, can handle large amounts of power, and are designed for reliability and durability. Outdoors, with no support from room acoustics, either system will produce an impressive 117 dB at 3 m (10 ft) when driven at its rated power of 150 watts continuous pink noise. Where higher sound pressure levels are desired, systems may be paired to produce up to 6 dB more SPL than a single unit, with consequent improvement in peak power capability". The "close coupled" phrase is from a similar blurb on their site.......

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: the right height for Pi 4
Next Topic: Wayne - Is this a WACKY idea?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:36:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio