Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Completed my Theater 4s! (long)
Completed my Theater 4s! (long) [message #35819] Fri, 05 April 2002 09:31 Go to previous message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Well, I finally finished. I honestly don't want to say too much about them yet as I'm running a portable CD player as a source. I currently don't have a preamp, so my NAD changer (w/o volume control) isn't going to work. What I can say is that I'm very pleased with the results. I'm running them with Paramours, and it'll definitely go loud enough for listening sessions. If I decide to throw a party (unlikely) I've always got the 100 watt receiver upstairs. From what little I've heard so far it sounds like the Paramours are going to mate quite well.
I'd never built speakers before, and it's really only my second wood-working project, so I didn't know all what this would entail. Heck, I'd never even used a router before. Sufficed to say, it took me a while, and snaffoos abounded. I did learn a few things: 1) Yes, it would have been far easier to veneer. I used quite a bit of wood filler, and it's certainly a good thing I got the sander I wanted for my birthday. 2) Cutting MDF in your garage and leaving the sawdust on your wife's car for her to find in the morning is a no-no. 3) You can get away with using a circular saw and a straight edge instead of a table saw, but it takes some patience. 4) It's far easier to wipe up wet glue than sand off dried glue.
I'd really like to thank Wayne for taking the time answer all of asinine questions. You're quite a guy.
Anyway, check out the link, and please let me know what you think. Feel free to ask any questions; I love talking about these things!

Kevin

http://members.cox.net/trancemit/

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message