Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, suggestions for Pi rears/ nearfield monitors.
Wayne, suggestions for Pi rears/ nearfield monitors. [message #35339] Wed, 06 March 2002 12:57 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I need a couple of speakers to go with my ten pi's that I can use for dj monitors at dances/parties and will also dubb as home theatre rear speakers. They don't need to be good with the bass because the dolby rear channels don't do anything below 100 Hz and the baffle step transformation on my ten pi's will provide all needed output from about 150 Hz and below. I'm more worried about the best possible musical detail and quality (and lower distortion) but I don't want to spend tons of money.

Also, whadda ya think I should use for a center channel. If I'm going high effeciency, I might as well do it round and round. Obviously I want to get the best possible vocal and musical reproduction on the center channel. I was thinking about the new magnum drivers from Eminence, but the smallest is a 15". I don't think I need a 15" center channel. I wanted to try that split horn idea I was showing you a while ago, but I can't get the numbers to mesh right so I'm just going to use a direct radiating woofer.

What are your suggestions on any of this? Magnetic shielding is not a problem, by the time I get all this finished up, I'll have a 52" projection or better in my room.

Thanks.

Adam

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 16 ohm woofers with 8 ohm horns
Next Topic: What are you're views on re-coning,re-foaming