Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 1st-timer w/ 4 Pi Questions (kinda long)
1st-timer w/ 4 Pi Questions (kinda long) [message #34738] Mon, 14 January 2002 14:47 Go to previous message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
Well, I've been reading about PI speakers for about a month now, and I've decided to take the plunge. The first thing is that I'm pretty sure I want to go with the 4 PIs. I really want that last bottom octave without the subwoofer, and I like the thought of having the option to someday try SETs. I'm interested in building a tube amp to go with the PIs. Any ideas on how good these options might sound with the 4 PIs in a 22 x 13ft room: 40 watts from EL-34, 50 watts from KT-88, 3.5 watts (SET) from 2A3. I really don't want to spend any more than $800 on pre and power. Anyone have any suggestions?

Wayne, would you have any specific suggestions for me. I want to feel "immersed" in sound. I want good presence and soundstaging. I want decent clarity, though I don't think I can spring for the "pro" stuff. Is this too much to ask? I mostly listen to rock and jazz, but I also do not want to feel disappointed on the occasions that I might play some bass-heavy electronica. Thanks in advance. From what I've read you seem to be a real class-act.

Kevin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message