Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What about this combo?
Re: What about this combo? [message #34617 is a reply to message #34616] Tue, 01 January 2002 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Did you look at all at the combo that I came up for you? At least give it a quick look, it took me a whole 15 minutes :)

2421.html

I think it would be best for your system.... No piezos, all Eminence stuff.

There are different types of horns, but for a simple system like this, I wouldn't worry about the details *too* much. An exponential or traxic horn would be the best design in this situation, with something like a 90x40 radiation pattern, and a flare frequency around half of the crossover frequency. I really doubt that piezo actaully goes down to 1800, but I could be wrong. The horn also has to be 1 3/8" TPI thread.

The box yo proposed should work fine, but I would tune slightly higher, perhaps to 50 Hz. You might want to try a vb of 2.7 cuft and a tuning of 50 Hz. There is a technical term for this alignment that escapes me at the moment, perhaps wayne can help... Is it QB3? Anyway it'll yield extremely flat response down to about 50 Hz.

Good luck!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ASF-SB12 on the JBL tent sale page
Next Topic: Happy New Year!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 12:13:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects