Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Extended High End on Compression Drivers
Extended High End on Compression Drivers [message #34442] Sun, 16 December 2001 10:36 Go to previous message
alfredo is currently offline  alfredo
Chancellor
Hello. I thought I would post this here since it has to do with Waynes Compensation filter/network. The question is about the filter that you recommend adding to compression drivers to extend the top end (I hope this is right). I planning on bi-amping with a Behringer crossover. The crossover has a built in horn equalization button. Does this do the same thing as your circuit? What would you recommend? Using your circuit or the Behringer or both? I am going to be using the JBL 2427H with 2380 horns. Here is the description from the Behringer manual of what this button does:

"When a driver radiates into open space via a horn, its efficiency increases. Over the past few years, so called constant-directivity horns have gained widespread popularity, as they offer the advantage of producing a very regular dispersion pattern over their frequency range; however, the higher the frequency, the lower their efficiency. To make up for this drawback, the SUPER-X PRO includes a switchable pre-EQ for CD horns that ensures a flat frequency response even before equalization is applied. This pre-EQ raises the signal gain by 3 dB at 3.5 kHz, which then increases by 6 dB/oct. up to 22.5 kHz."

Thanks!

Alfredo Abate

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Re: Cool rendered image!
Next Topic: Wayne, creating large corner horn for non-corner use...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 13:27:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio