Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » DECISION TIME AGAIN - Theatre Three or Modified Theatre Four?
DECISION TIME AGAIN - Theatre Three or Modified Theatre Four? [message #34224] Mon, 19 November 2001 18:28 Go to previous message
Colin Fritzke is currently offline  Colin Fritzke
Baron
Guys,

I'm really stuck here again. I haven't yet ordered my Eminence drivers, crossover, or horn flare yet, just some of the additional crossover mod components from Parts Express. As some of you have seen, I posted a request for an actual FR plot of the Kappa 15LFA driver yesterday, and I managed to get one direct from someone who works at Eminence (Ain't the 'net wonderful?). I posted it in another thread below for all to see, and as you can see, it has a nasty peak at 1.7K and 2.0K. I'm no expert, but I really can't see how I can just simply take Wayne's stock Theatre Four Pi crossover and apply it to this driver.

I guess I'm just starting to wonder.... should I mess with a proven design by substituting a driver or go with a proven design. Right now, for me its between the Theater Four Pi using the Kappa 15LFA (because it yeilds decent bass extension in a cabinet under 4 cubic feet), or the Theater Three Pi which has better bass extension in the same cabinet at the cost of a few dB of efficiency and I'd need to change the value of R1 in my crossover.

ARRRGH! What to do?? Who has built the Theater Three Pi? Wayne, will my idea for a Theater Four Pi w/ Kappa 15LFA work, or should I just revert to one of your other designs?

Colin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wayne, could you please send me Theater 4 plans! <nt>
Next Topic: Pi Speaker Forum
Goto Forum: