Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Flares for PSD2002 in Theater Four Pi.
Flares for PSD2002 in Theater Four Pi. [message #33602] Thu, 26 July 2001 08:49 Go to previous message
AudioLapDance is currently offline  AudioLapDance
Baron
Hey Wayne, Paul et al.
(Paul yous is seriously askin for a bruisin!) ;-)

Well I finally sold my Klipsch RF-3s so now I have enough $$$ to go with the PSD2002 for my Four Pi!!! And after all that searching around!!! Well at least I'll have some advice for the next guy who wants to go the cheap route.

I've tried the KSN1188 with the Delta and they seem pretty close sensitivity wise. They are just on the front baffle now (not in box) but I think I've gotten a taste of what the 1188s are like. I found they had too much ssssssibilance (on say female jazz like Sara K) At high volumes (solid state) it actually hurts!
I gave them a couple days of music and white noise at moderate volume so I think they're broken in. Is the sibilance due to the 6 db peak at 8 to 10kHz? What causes this?

Anyway, I'm going with the PSD2002 now so I'd like some advice on flares. It seems to be between the CH3 and H290 although I can get the H295 and H395 too. Wayne you seem to like the exponential flares (Ch3, H290) better than the CD type (H295, H395), why is that? The Four Pis are in a 12 x 10 room and I listen to tunes at the computer (>10 degrees above), in my chair (on axis) and in bed (>10 degrees below). So I'm thinking of going with the H290 for better vertical dispersion. Good idea?

Thanks for the sage advice,
Jeff

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Thanks for the kudos on the web page
Next Topic: Studio One Pi's or Two Pi's?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 20:01:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio