Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Truck bed liner for pro audio spkr covering
Truck bed liner for pro audio spkr covering [message #33385] Sun, 27 May 2001 14:50 Go to previous message
Paul C. is currently offline  Paul C.
Master
I was looking at the spray-on truck bed liner material... locally called "Gator" truck bed liner. This is a rubbery, black, pebble finish material sprayed (with a hopper-fed gun) into pickup truck beds and van interiors. It occurred to me it would possibly be a good material to use for pro audio spkr covering, instead of vinyl or carpet.

I went to the local dealer who does this and asked him if I brought in a scrap of the ply I use, would he test it for adhesion next time he sprayed a truck. Nope, he answered, been there, done that. Don't have to test it, it works. He explained it adhered even better to the wood than to metal.

He had sprayed a pair of PA cabs for a commercial sound company in the next town as a test. A few months later, they dropped off 15 more pair to be sprayed. They have been very happy with the appearance and results.

Since then, I have seen these speakers at a few outdoor festivals, and they looked good, with no visible scars, scrapes, or road rash.

Just FYI.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Art Bell and Tool
Next Topic: Pi Speakers for HT use?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 02:39:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects