Home » Audio » Group Build » SE 300B Project, Part 13 - The finished amp
Re: SE 300B Project, Part 13 - The finished amp [message #31948 is a reply to message #31947] Thu, 17 August 2006 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
There`re various red LEDs, and mostly the cheap and simple ones have lower internal resistance (about 4,3 Ohms with 10mA, and U~1,7V - "Valve amplifiers 3" source). This voltage drop depends a little with current through the LED - I suppose that you used CCS with ~11mA, like me? Specs for C3g are Ua=Ug2=220V max., and you are just fine...and probably you used right LEDs, too.
Try to "burn in" your amp a few hours more (a few tens or hundreds h even more desirable:-)) and then decide can you live with this sound like a final version. I`m out of ideas here...you can try various "boutique" cathode resistor(s) bypassed with other types of caps, say 4-5 pcs 22µF MKP in parallel...but for me, red LEDs bias sounds better, and I built the amp (finally) that way - CCS+anode out, g3 on anode, LEDs bias - as I said previously...
Did you try interstage version, too with LEDs bias? (Of course, B1+ must be different, about 200-210V + drop into Rw of ITT).
Of course, please - post us your findings...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Any new project ideas for winter?
Next Topic: Spare me some IXP10M45S ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 06:23:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout