Home » Audio » General » More on time alignment. Wayne?
More on time alignment. Wayne? [message #3653] Thu, 31 August 2006 07:52 Go to previous message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hi all,

Please let me know if I am going to far on these subjects. If no one is interested just let me know.

I found the following web site that discusses time alignment in speakers. It's pretty technical and beyond my comprehension at this point. But the author came to the conclusion below. He seems to think time alignment is worth while. What do you think of this article Wayne?

"For what it's worth, I originally started this article not to praise, but to debunk the theory that time alignment is the only way a speaker should ever be designed. Having done the research, run tests, and written the article, I confess that I must agree with many (perhaps even most) of the points made by the time alignment proponents. Mind you, there is still a lot that you will hear and read that is either gross exaggeration or a downright lie, and it can be very difficult to tell the difference unless you know exactly what the real story is.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: akhilesh (or anyone else of course :-)
Next Topic: Still Can't Get A response On why Guitar Players know what sounds good.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:30:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio