Home » Audio » Group Build » PP 2A3/6B4G anybody?
Re: PP 2A3/6B4G anybody? [message #31474 is a reply to message #31473] Thu, 24 November 2005 11:47 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I do like to be conservative...the power thing always comes out 'about right'. When doing PP at slightly higher than double the SE load, about double SE power is available. Power is just a side effect of PP, not the some kind of single-minded goal. Plan on ~85% of single plate dissipation for the mulit-grids.

Anyway, the amp will sound as good as the OPTx's allow. I have a few on the take-down list. Ask when y'all are ready, and I can have one( or more ), taken apart and copied. It is what I collected them for...:)

I am quite looking forward to experimenting with a few of them. If somebody out there wants to experiment, let the games begin.

With 300B's we'd want to increase B+ to ~400, and run idle to 80 mA/valve. The higher voltage will want a higher a-a load( higher numeric that is ), to stay class A. Those of you who got in on the S265Q group buy might want to consider this one too.

Went looking through the power Iron design literature. The All-in-One power TX, is looking good. Trying to figure out just exactly where to put the secondary tap for the best available spacing of the output voltage. The twin-tap secondary would also allow a two voltage supply. Higher voltage for the drivers. Perhaps a neat DH triode...:) 10Y/801A anybody?
cheers,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: No defamatory or false statements.
Next Topic: phono stage's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:11:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout